Viruses are becoming more and more dangerous these days !!
In the old days they would just damage Windows and their programs, worst case you had to reinstall Windows, but the new breed of virus or “ransomware” encrypts all of your data and files and then deletes them !!
The criminals who created this will then ask for money to send you the encryption key. In one of the current versions, Zepto Ransomware, ½ a bitcoin which is about $300. I would not advise
this and I don’t know of anyone who has successfully paid the criminals and recovered their files.
What is the latest Zepto Ransomware ?
The Zepto Ransomware is designed to infect all versions of the Windows operating system, from Windows XP all the way to Windows 10. Ransomware Trojans like the Zepto Ransomware are especially threatening because, even if removed, the victim’s files will still be inaccessible. Essentially, the Zepto Ransomware takes the victim’s files hostage, encrypting them and demanding the payment of a ransom to decrypt them. Since the files encrypted by the Zepto Ransomware are impossible to recover without access to the decryption key, PC security analysts advise that computer users take immediate preventive measures to avoid becoming victims of this and similar ransomware Trojan attacks.
Anti-Virus may save you, but is not 100% efficient. I would suggest it is not a case of if you get an attack, but when this attack will happen to you. Once it has happened it is too late if you haven’t been proactive in your IT security and disaster recovery plans. All your data could be lost forever.
- Do you have a backup ?
- Is it offsite ?
- Does the backup work ?
- Has it been tested ?
- Is it run every day or hourly or even better is it “live”. This means every time you close a file it is instantly backed up off site !!
and the big question…..
- How much value do you put on your data. If it is all gone tomorrow what will you do ?
Orbital’s Cloud Backup – from just £4.99 for a personal account of £8.25 + VAT for businesses per month
We have developed a cloud backup system which protects all your files against this type of attack for the personal user
with a few PC’s/MAC’s to large offices with multiple PC’s/MAC’s or Servers.
- It is uses 256-bit military grade encryption and is therefore very secure
- It isn’t reliant on a human to remember to run it, change a tape, not leave it at the office, in a car or a train etc
- There is no cost of replacing backup hardware or software
- The backup is LIVE. This means as you close a document it is instantly sent to the data centre, as long as an internet connection is present.
- Instantly recover 1 file or many files via the easy to use software, no IT knowledge required
- Backup of the last 30 versions of each file
- Access to all your files via a mobile device, smartphone or internet
To find out more please see our cloud backup page.