Orbital Technology are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 25th
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Name and title
· Contact information including email address
· Business details
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or business requirements
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with our products & services, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
· We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
· All our Hard drives on our PC’s are TLS-AES 128 Bit Encrypted using Bitlocker in Windows 10 Pro
· We use the latest enterprise level Anti-Virus and in addition we use Heimdal Security Thor Foresight
· We patch our endpoints within 4 hours of a security patch release and ensure all our networks are running the latest firmware
· We only back up or store cloud data using TLS1.2 security and based in the UK only.
· All our e-mail communications are TLS1.2 AES 256-Bit encrypted.
How we process your personal data
Contact information that we process is collected and stored in our secure UK based datacentres through various internal software programs and management tools on our secure UK based network.
We retain personal data for the length and duration of any contractual or business relationship that we have with you for which we require your contact information or for as long as consent is provided to us to enable us to process your personal data.
In the event of any queries relating to agreements made via telephone or email or contractual dispute we may
retain this data for a period of 6 years from the date of the enquiry/conversation or from a period of 6 years from the cessation of the contract between Orbital Technology and and/or our suppliers and the business for which you were working for at the time that the contract was made, whichever is the most applicable period of time.
This does not supersede any contractual agreement we have with you with regards to data retention.
At no point do Orbital Technology or their subsidiaries transfer any of your personal data outside of the EU.
The lawful basis for processing your data is on several different basis. The first is out of a contractual need, i.e:
- Orbital Technology or its subsidiaries have a contract with you and we need to process you personal data to comply with our contractual obligations under the contract
- You have requested us to provide a quote and we need to process their personal data to do what they ask
- fulfil any other contractual obligations
- to ensure your business continuity
- to ensure your business security
- offer solutions and services that meet your businesses needs
The second is out of legitimate interest for both Orbital Technology and your business in order to:
For any other processing purposes we will obtain your consent for the use of your data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the third party website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
For any enquiries, or to exercise your rights under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), our Customer Experience Team can be contacted in writing at Orbital Technology, Parallel House, 32 London Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 2AB or email email@example.com.
Right to be Informed
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether you wish your information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes. We will never pre-tick this option box and we will always be transparent about the use of your data so you always have full control over what you are consenting to.
Right to Restrict Processing
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- unsubscribing to a marketing email via the unsubscribe link
- contacting us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have obtained your permission, or we are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Right of Access
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
Right to Rectification
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to Portability
Should you require your data porting please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Right to Erasure
If you believe we should no longer hold your data then you have the right to in essence ‘be forgotten’ and in such cases you may request that we erase all data that we hold about you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioners Office who can be contacted as follows:
Information Governance department
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can find further information about the ICO and their complaints procedure here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/